good tests for graphic card performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I twas Mark 11, I checked on my computer last night. How do you show FPS in crysis? I have the demo I was trying, that might be a better test to see if the card is working as it should, not just basing it all on secondlife results.

I twas Mark 11, I checked on my computer last night. How do you show FPS in crysis? I have the demo I was trying, that might be a better test to see if the card is working as it should, not just basing it all on secondlife results.

While playing Crysis Hit [Crtl] and [~] key.
The ~ key is on the top left of the keyboard, right below [Esc].
Once the console command appears, type the following in:
r_DisplayInfo = 1

Your score is a little low. What are the complete spec's of your pc, as in, cpu, memory (amount and speed), motherboard, power supply, etc...

The 5850 is a new card, what was your old card? Did you un-install the drivers for the old card before you installed the new card?

Your score is a little low. What are the complete spec's of your pc, as in, cpu, memory (amount and speed), motherboard, power supply, etc...

The 5850 is a new card, what was your old card? Did you un-install the drivers for the old card before you installed the new card?

I will list what I know, not sure where to find the info on the motherboard, its a new Dell XPS 8300, with an i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4 ghz. 6 gigs of ram. I just installed, for the first time ever a power supply. OCZ 700 W modxstream. The card that came with the computer was an ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB GDDR5 , someone said the driver was the same, so I did not install anything when I put in the new card. Should I uninstall the driver and reainstall?

Any thoughts? I was thinking of just doing a clean install of windows, wipe everything and go from scratch, rather then use the install windows that came from dell.

Or maybe to start with a simpler idea is reinstall the driver. How do I uninstall the graphics card driver? Will the computer still display on my LED without the graphics card drivers installed?

someone said the driver was the same, so I did not install anything when I put in the new card. Should I uninstall the driver and reainstall?

i think we found the problem.

Your result has the following problem(s) and will not be shown for example on leaderboards:: Graphics driver is not approved. (What is this?)

yes, update the driver. i have never had a problem just updating, but maybe other people have horror stories and you should uninstall the old and get a clean install of the new.

i think we found the problem.

yes, update the driver. i have never had a problem just updating, but maybe other people have horror stories and you should uninstall the old and get a clean install of the new.

I did not even see that about the graphics card, will give that a go tonight. So, I am a noob when it comes to this. To uninstall the graphic card driver do I go to the install/uninstall in windows? Does it appear on the list? Just runt he uninstaller then download the driver for my card? I was on the ATI site looking at drivers, do I just download the CC suit? This has the drivers in it?
Screenshot2011-05-18at83618AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom