Rebuilding Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it is not on the list so there is no guarantee that it will work.

I signed up on XFX but could not find any kind of CPU compatibility list. While that CPU may work with a BIOS update, there is no way of knowing for sure. It TD would allow you to return it if it doesn't it might be worth a shot... but that's not my call.

Thanks for you help, you have been very helpful. I also checked XFX and found nothing. Outdated I suppose. I am going to look into CPUs and think about it for a while. Once I have made some decisions I guess I will start a new updated thread. Thanks again very much.

Processor question,

Ok, I am stuck between a rock and hard place on this one after reading many reviews.

Currently in my 680i I have a 2.33ghz 1333mhz 4mb cache processor model is E6540 shown here Intel® Core

If I am going to upgrade the processor I have chosen is the E8600 3.33ghz 1333mhz 6mb cache shown here Intel® Core

I heard the e8600 can be overclocked to about 4.5ghz while the e6550 can goto 3.8ghz with the right setup.

The e8600 is a bit expensive and I was wondering if it is worth it to get it or just look into over clocking my current processor?

None of the Core 2 Quads processors that are compatible with my board are available in Canada, tigerdirect, pc canada, ncix, and new egg.

Compatible core 2 quads

Q6700

Q6600 (105 TDP (w) )

Q6600 (95 TDP (w) )

Thoughts on scrapping the board and starting fresh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom