Is this fried???

Status
Not open for further replies.

halfbreed4lyfe

Beta member
I managed to remove my motherboard from my laptop, in hopes of replacing it. When I got inside i saw these marks on the otherside of the processor are these burn marks? Would this mean I just need to replace the processor.
IMG_20110506_041030.jpg

I can't really tell when it comes to those pics. It does look like burn marks. If that is the case the damage could actually be much more severe than you think. It actually could have fried the mother board. Even if it didnt fry the mother board it could have damaged other aspcts of the system.

Such as the sound card, video card or other device that is needed for operation. Sadly it looks like a full replacement.

Actually if you still want to repair your laptop your in for some good news.
It shouldnt cost you more then 75.00 to repair it, the cpu will run you 15.00.
The mobo is going to be about 60.00 to replace.
That won,t include heatsink fan or system fan but will get those sorted out as well.
If you want to start the process go over to the laptop discussion and a mod will move this thread or contact me through pm or I will pm you later if you cannot.

I have seen a lot of those cheap pads that look that way on many systems. With that type of PCB with the processor core on it, if you look on the bottom, and it is discolored underneath the core, then it's most likely fried, or has gotten very, very hot. Otherwise it should be fine.

if the fix is that cheap then I def want to get it started so not sure how you say this will move over to the laptop discussion, but lets do it, also i see cheap pad, I know its fairly old now its a HP pavilion dv2000, but is it really cheap or crappy as far as laptops go? I cant afford a vaio or a macbook yet(hopefully next fall). and i cant PM i dont think i have those permissions as of yet.

Just about the entire HP Pavillion DVxxxx series is rather poorly built in my opinion, I have worked on them a lot the last two years when compared to other laptop manufactures.

right now im using a desktop from tigerdirect so the laptop is just somthing for me to take around (mainly to my classes so i can update my tumblr and not listen) but i would like to load autocad onto it, @c0rr0sive do you know if the dv pavilions can be upgraded or are capable of handling that type of work most likely blueprints and rendering.

The DV series most likely can't handle that unless its a really beefy one. I know the DV2000 won't be able to do it easily if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom