Why is my computer turning off??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Event ID 41

Well that is what I can gather from your screenshots. But I dont know if it will resolve your issue. It is something with the Kernel of the OS, which is not good. Something made it unstable.

Start>run>sfc /scannow

Run that and see if it helps.

Hmm, for some reason the sfc window won't stay up for more than a split second, I had a hard time reading it since It was only up for a split second but I could make out that it said something about being an admin so... I right clicked and chose to run as an admin and it still only opens for a split second. :(

Ksod, OS is throwing that error due to the sudden shut down, I had it many times before with a faulty PSU. While it is an issue that he has critical errors, they wouldn't be throwing an internal breaker in the PSU.

Though it appears his PSU claims to have decent output ratings, it is stated only upto 40C, and we know it gets much warmer in a PSU than 40c in a cramped case with a high heat GPU.

I just don't trust XION brand, at all.

So is the issue with my PSU? I guess I don't really understand how It's worked for the last however long and then all of a sudden it randomly isn't working anymore? What should I do, can I fix it? Do I need to purchase another one? Looking at my mobo and my graphics card what would you suggest that I get, I need at least 4-5 IDE plugs and however many Sata although I only have 1 Sata Hard Drive

First, post up a screen shot showing HWMonitor (don't grab the pro version) from cpuid.com it will tell us your current voltages and temperatures, then start a game up, with that software running, play for a FEW minutes, then exit out and post the other screen shot showing us everything. What we are wanting to see are temperatures and voltages. As high temps can lead to a shut down, and so can low voltages.

Looks normal to me, though it appears your PSU is overvolting.... Getting really close to 13v... Run the game a bit longer if possible with that open, 70c+ sounds hot to me for a GPU, and what case are you using?

I will try to play a little longer after a bit, I have to do a few things around the house before the gf gets home from class otherwise my *** is grass lol

Here's my case, I'm almost currently downloading the game that had my comp crash the most, at first nothing was happening when I was playing CSS so I think that it may be the game that makes my comp run a little harder and that's when it happens? I'll test it and find out, but as I said before... Here's the case I have

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156241

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom