hp mini cpu/computer chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.5" drives are roughly twice as heavy as SSD's depending on the size and such. But it's .34lbs for a 2.5" and .17 for a SSD. so weight shouldn't be much of a determining factor.

If the OP has the money and wants to sink the money into a slow computer then yeah a SSD is a viable option for speed increase, but it doesn't change the fact that it's running on a slow atom processor with a max of 2gb ram. which will be sluggish with any amount of applications on win7. And a decent SSD being close to half the price of the netbook, it doesn't really make sense to me to make that upgrade. I'd either deal with the netbook, maybe put ram in it if the op can, or sell it and invest in a 13" that will get good battery life and have much better raw processing power.

Since all we're talking about is speed: what can I do to increase the speed?

It's an hp mini 5103 with intel/atom and uses windows xp

sorry about posting another speed post, I didn't realize at the time that there was another page of the thread.

Have you not read what we have said? You can not increase the speed, all you can do, is drop money into it that could be spent on a faster PC.

If you really want to drop some serious money on that little thing, buy an SSD, which will cost about the cost of a new netbook, and upgrade your ram to 2GB.

It supports a MAXIMUM of 2GB, for a single slot. One slot only. Processor can not be upgraded AFAIK, and it can come with an SSD from the factory. Look, if you wanted processing power, you should not have gone for an atom based machine. They are meant for travel, email, surfing the internet. They are not meant for heavy multi-tasking and gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom