Why is my computer turning off??

Status
Not open for further replies.

F22prelude

Solid State Member
So the last few days I have had this issue with my computer and don't exactly understand what could be causing it to happen. If I am to run a game whether it's Counter Strike Source, League of Legends or World of Warcraft, I can play for about 5-10 minutes and after that my computer just shuts off completely 100% without any warning what soever. In order to turn my computer back on I have to unplug it for about 7-8 seconds and then it will turn back on. If I go to play a game again it's the exact same thing, I don't know what's causing it. Can anyone please help me? :(

You are either having a complete system failure or your system is overheating. What does the Evwnt Viewer say?

Well I don't know why I would be having a complete system failure since I just reinstalled W7 64 bit yesterday, I wipe n reloaded because I thought that It might be a software issue at first but it continued to happen even after I reloaded my OS. I don't understand what Evwnt means. I'm semi techy having built my own computer but I don't know much so go easy on me plz.

"Event Viewer". KSoD had a typo.

Reinstalling won't help overheating, or a bad power supply, or a failing motherboard.

Check the event logs and see what has been going on and we can go from there.

Ok so I opened Event Viewer, I don't really understand what it is that I'm looking at. Is there something that I'm specifically looking for and what might that be. (Never done this before since I've never had any issues)

Just cause you reloaded your OS doesnt mean it will help if your hard drive is failing. Open Computer>right click on your hard drive>select tools>error checking. Have it scan your hard drive and try to fix any errors. It will prompt that it has to restart. Do so and let it run. Make sure to note down the results of the scan.

As for what your looking for with the Event Viewer, you should see some Red! or something like that to inform you there is a problem. Take a screen shot and let me see. I can get a better idea after seeing these two things.

Posted from my Motorola Atrix 4G using the Tech-Forums Android App.

I want to place a bet on your PSU being under powered. If you can, run HWMonitor from CPUID.com and give us your idle, and maximum temperatures while sitting at the desktop. Also, what brand and model is your PSU? If you have a cheapy, sure, it can put out power, but once things get toasty, it will struggle to put that power out, then flat out trip an internal breaker if equipped and shut the system down.

The reason I suspect the PSU, you are having to remove power for a short period of time, to get the breaker to reset.

No offense to Ksod, but a faulty system install, won't cause this type of behavior, but a bad logic board on the hard drive can, but it is very rare, and requires the board to short out to the point the drive will no longer function.

In order to turn my computer back on I have to unplug it for about 7-8 seconds and then it will turn back on.

Also, OP, sometimes it takes us awhile to get to posts around here.

u should be looking for a compatible power supply for your computer, id say a good 650-800 watt power supply for your pc, and some water cooled fans installed as well, make sure the power supply is compatible with your motherboard

power supplies need to satisfy the requirement of the video card so get a power supply with at least 100 more power than your video card requires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom