No signs of life, Asus Eee PC 1005PEB Netbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghetto geeksta

Solid State Member
Hello everyone, Someone gave me a Asus netbook, and it will not power on, the external power supply lights up blue like its suppose too, but when I put it in the netbook and press the power button, nothing happens, I take the battery out, and plug in the power supply only, nothing, battery only nothing. I thinking its on the mother board, I going to open this baby up and take a look when I get the time, any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

I take it you don't have warranty on it? This could be many things.

When the AC is plugged in, do you get any light on the netbook that is supposed to signify that it is getting power? I'm betting that it's the PSU (power jack).

No lights at all come on, not a charge light or nothing. Just the power light on the external power supply, which is blue. Ive tried the hold the power button down for 45 secs trick with the power supply unplugged and the battery out, and that did not work.

There is not much you can do for a netbook when it comes to power issues. Usually best to buy a new netbook due to cost of new ones, like Mind said try and see if its under warranty.

It can still be under warranty even if someone gave it to you. Call up ASUS. They can tell you if it is under warranty or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom