First build - Monitor won't turn on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidewalk

Baseband Member
It beeps, fans/lights turn on, keyboard lights up, disc tray opens, HDD runs, but no monitor! :doh:

Here is a video of this problem in action.

Specs:
MOBO
RAM
HDD
CPU
HD4870

All of the components are brand new except for the GPU. My initial guess was that the PSU was the problem, since it's just a generic 680w unit but I'd like to know for sure before I fork over some more money... Please help :(

Shouldn't the monitor be plugged into the graphics card? Looks like your plugged further up away from the card.

Yeah from the video it looks like your plugged into your on-board video not into your video card. So the computer is probably send the video signal out of the card and that's why your getting a blank screen even when it seems like everything is running. Try either plugging the monitor into the video card or try booting up without the video card in and you should find that both of those ways work hopefully.

So basically it's running beautifully now. However, why does my mouse lag? It seems to just get "caught up" sometimes and it's very annoying. I threw 8GB of DDR3 in there and updated the drivers, but nothing. There must be a quick fix to this and I'm just looking over it. Any ideas?

15xk6xf.jpg

2cymwqo.jpg

Did you try a different mouse, perhaps?

Oh, wow. This problem is worse than I suspected. The mouse I'm using now is a wireless optical USB mouse. It worked beautifully in my other computer...

However, I just tried three different mice (trackball), and NONE of them worked after plugging them up to their green mouse port. :confused: :confused:

I just moved the USB mouse into one of the front ports of the case, and it seems to be working fine for now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom