Best cooling pad for a gateway P-6860 fx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLUE

Baseband Member
I was playing Starcraft 2 and my laptop overheated and shutdown, I turned it back on and wouldn't turn back on. I got it fixed at microtech and the guy said the motherboard wasn't getting power, probably melted something to do with that, luckily it only cost me $180 and wasn't a main component that got fried. I would like to continue playing the game, but not if it's going to kill my laptop again. I have propped up the back of my laptop, for better ventilation and I turned down the graphics and it is fine like that, but it looks way worse and I would like to have the texture quality and effects on high, don't care if everything else is on low. My laptop is a Gateway P-6860FX, here is a pic of the bottom of my laptop: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting , what would be the best cooling pad I could get for it and do you think it would be enough to safely up the graphics a bit again? My roommate says there's a logitech one for around $40 Cdn, he thinks it's a decent one, I want to get the best one possible for my laptop/vents. On the picture, the vent right under the battery lock is where it was getting way too hot and then blowing out the vent on the side of the laptop right beside it. I appreciate any input or suggestions on how to solve this, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom