Monitor only holds signal for a second

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
I walked away from my computer today, and when I ame back, it had no signal. So I hit the power button. When turning it back on, the monitor would display output from the computer for about a second before going black. It doesn't say no signal or anything, it just goes black. The signal comes back for a second when I power it off and on or disconnect and reconnect it to the computer. I tried reseating my gpu, but this did nothing. What do you guys think? Bad dvi cable?

Could be a number of things,
If you have any spare cables, monitors or video cards that would be a good start.
I would try a different cable first since it would cheaper if you have to buy something.
You might also check the power cable to the monitors as well.

What do you guys think? Bad dvi cable?
Cables don't "go" bad - unless abused by being misused, yanked, chewed on, or exposed to the elements. So assuming the connections are tight and secure, it is not likely the cables.

I would try to swap monitors first. If the problem happens with a 2nd monitor, you know it is a problem in the computer. If the problem follows your monitor to a 2nd computer, you know it is the monitor.

yeah, it's the monitor. I can't even pay for a service request because samsung doesn't list the model number in the options anymore. I guess I have to buy a new one.

yeah, it's the monitor. I can't even pay for a service request because samsung doesn't list the model number in the options anymore. I guess I have to buy a new one.
If the monitor is that old, paying to get it fixed is probably not cost effective anyway.

The company I work for has Benq and Samsung Syncmaster monitors. The amount of Samsung monitors we replace with this problem i unbelieveable. Hunk-a-junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom