How to change BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe3256

Solid State Member
I was justwondering how to get to change the BIOS numbers if i ever wanna OC or anything? I just need to know how to change the FSB and voltages and stuff like that.

Joe J.

rapidly press delete on startup (read your MB manual)
look on the top section of the forum for overclocking instructions :)

I can get to the BIOS setu menu but i can't change like the FSB or voltage. I was wondering how to make it sou I could change those things.

Joe J.

Chances are good you have an Intel mobo, and in most of their mobo's overclocking is either hidden, or its disabled all together.

Yeah I'm usin an Intel. So there aint no way I could change the BIOS to be able to OC? If theres anything I could try I'd appreciate it.

Joe J.

Well if you've already looked through your own BIOS and you know what your looking for? Then I don't know. I've seen them labled a bunch of different things. It's not like I am there to see whats on your screen lol. Anyhow, have you OC'ed anything previously, or do you know what your looking for?

dont even go into this untill you have read upon on it i read upon it for a month or so before even attemting it just look on google theres loads of info there

Usually ENTER brings up the menu (when you're already in the BIOS) that allows you to change settings, either that or change em by PgUp and PgDown, but if they are disabled and it's a manufactured built computer like dell or compaq, you really won't have any options at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom