My hard drive is not being recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcangel

Beta member
Hello! I have a Windows XP system. I needed extra memory than the 150 GB it came with, so I purchased a Hitachi HDS721075KLA330 internal hard drive. This drive has been working fine with absolutely no problems at all until the other day when I had to re-install my OS. It was not because of the hard drive I had to do this, but my problem started after it was re-installed. I removed all of the files that were on this hard drive onto an external I have so that I would not lose anything. While my husband was re-installing the OS a message popped up that said this drive was not empty, even though I cleaned every file off of it. After the OS was installed, my Hitachi drive is in my device manager, and it says that it is working fine, but it does not show up in My Computer and I cannot figure out how to access this drive now. I updated all of my drivers, that was the first thing I did. Thank you for any help you can give me!

What does it say in device management for the drive? It could just be that you have to assign it a drive ltter or you might have to format it. It all depends on what it says.

When I go to device properties it say the device is working properly, but on the volumes tab, after I populate the fields, there is no drive listed on the bottom like there is for my c: drive and my external drive. And on the drivers tab it says all the drivers are up-to-date. I apologize, I don't have a lot of experience with this, but I do not see anywhere in device manager where it says assign drive letter or format drive.

Righ click on Computer. Select Manage. On the left side select Disk Management. What does it show in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom