Completely lost, Endless reboot cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matoid

Beta member
Okay, so I had a friend put a raid device on my computer a while back since we were using it as a server, I've never had any experience with raid devices only basic computer knowledge. The other day the main harddrive on the raid got a virus from a networked computer, the virus wouldn't allow me to do anything at all and to be honest I didn't even want the raid as I had a bigger harddrive that I wanted to install. I removed the raid card/controller(Promise Tech, FASTTRAK66) and the harddrives that were being mirrored for server stability. I want to change to a single harddrive no raid but since I removed the device there is no way to boot the computer or even install windows. When using the Windows XP cd to install windows I get 4 (unknown disc) messages. If I try anything it crashes

BSOD message:

This problem seems to be caused by the following file: setupdd.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Tech info:

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xe5137708, 0x00000000, 0xf77ef9a8, 0x00000002)

***setupdd.sys - address f77fef9a8 base at f77c80000, DateStamp 41107c8f

I haven't been into building computers for a long time but if anyone can give me some help that'd be nice, I understand a good bit still just not error codes or that sort. anyone ever had this problem or want to shed some light?
:dead:
Thanks, Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom