dead pixels or screen tattoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garret12345

Beta member
Some kids at school do this thing were when they are done it leaves a perfect Circle of what looks like dead pixels on the monitor. If you switch users it stays but if you reboot it dissappears.. any idea of what this is called? Or how to do it?

You are talking about an LCD screen right? If so, I don't know of anything that can cause that, but on a CRT they could be opening something up that sort of burns the image into the screen.

Yes LCD.. what's a crt? It basically makes a hollow black ring with a small x in the middle.. but I have seen one that looks like weeds too

CRT is the big fat monitors.
crt-424.jpg

I'm not sure either. I think it might be a gimmick with the graphic card.

I believe that if you push hard enough on a LCD screen without causing permanent damage, you leave a dark, coudy/ink look to the screen. I believe that they may simply be pushing on the screen.
You can try it yourself, but be careful as it's not hard to cause permanent damage.

They are in the class before me. It doesn't look like someone pushed it though.. it looks like a simple computer gererated circle.. with a small x in the center. Its very weird no one knows what it is.

Someone does, and since you are a student, even if we did, we couldn't tell you as it would be a hassle for the administrators.

I'm trying to help my prefessors. They want to put a stop to it asap.. because there's literally no info about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom