obxdude018

Baseband Member
Ok my build is:

Phenom II x4 940 B.E. - O.C to 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte MA790X Board
X2 Radeon 4850 - O.C to 660Mhz
650 PSU
Corsair 2X2 Ram

Ok I'm trying to kill some heat, I want to keep my settings, since I do gaming. Total fans in the system is 8. On idle depending on the air temp. as well my comp. runs at lowest 54C, and during gaming it can get up to 67C, I want to get that down into the 40's possibly 30's without spending $400 to get a decent cooling kit. I understand cooling systems so this idea is rather simple for me to grasp. What would be some recommendations on systems, should I go with a sealed kit just to cool down the CPU, my GPU's are at 58C with this window and a video running. Any input is appreciated.

At that clock 67 load is pretty good. Getting load into 40s or 30s will take about 400 dollars worth of liquid cooling. I'm speaking CPU of course. My 940 when I had it under air would load out around 82c with a 3.9ghz clock.

Well then I should feel lucky with my numbers, it just sucks with the room temp. being 85 because the computer is kicking out some heat and I don't want to run the a/c down to low because electric isn't that cheap.

Air cooling or water cooling, the cpu will still generate the same amount of heat.
Yes, but with liquid cooling you can cool that heat that is produced by the cpu to a lower temperature. Thats what I'm looking for.

Your idle temp wont change much at all, you can only get as close as ambient temp as 2-3F at idle, but your load temp will stay closer to idle using water than it would if you used a normal heatsink. Water cooling, honestly, to be worth it and help will cost a good chunk of cash, and some case modding.

If your cpu is generating 100 watts and your cooling it to 40C at full load with water or 60C with air, then your actually dissipating more heat (or energy) into the room with the water-cooling.

Water-cooling does not reduce the amount of watts the cpu is generating, water-cooling dissipates heat, that it.

Yes, which in turn gives you a lower temperature, as long as the radiator and water block and pump do a good job, but idle temperatures hardly ever change from air to water.

Slaymate is trying to tell him that with water cooling it will only pump more heat into his room, not help cool his room down by reducing CPU temps. I have proof of this. Ever since I went to water my temps are lower on my CPU but my ambient temps are higher which is why this room used to have 2 AC units.

Ahh, yea, that is true. I can heat my room in the winter with my computer running all day quiet easily, but in the summer with that water cooling, sure, the PC is nice and cool, but I burn up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom