Did my builder screw up? 12 tb raid 5 system please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxymoron

Beta member
Hello,
My first time here:)
Glad to find this place.
I recently saved up enough money to build my "dream" computer.

I had a friend of a friend and a local computer business owner build this setup for me to the tune of $1500 bucks.

Setup is as follows
Aztec 300 mini tower gaming case
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700 w ATX Power supply Modular
MSI 870A-G54 ATX AM3 870 DDR 2PCIE-16 CrossFire
IPCI-EI 3PCI SATA3 USB3.0 GBLAN Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 6 Core Processor 2.8Ghz
G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 8GB 2x4GB DDR3-1600 Memory
AMD Sapphire Vapor RADEON HD 5770 860MHz 1GB
4.8 GHz GDDR5 PCI-E 2xDVI HDMI Display Port Video Card.
6x Western Digital WD20EARS Caviar Green 2TB SATA2 3GBPS 64MB Cache 3.5in Hard Drive.
x6 Raid 5 Configuration
LG GH22 Black 22x SATA DVD writer
Windows 7 home premium

My intention with this computer was to have a massive media storage device that was designed to stream media throughout my house, specifically to xbox / tv setups.

While switching my data from the old computer to this one (950 GB transfered as one large file)
It took 27 hours.

During this time I was unable to even play a very basic low quality movie already previously saved on computer on the raid drive portion. It would freeze and pause over and over making it unwatchable.

Also I have suffered from 2 blue screens. Once when initialing powering it up and secondly after the file transfer was done I woke up to a blue screen.

Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error

Ill try to get a ss of the full error.

Right now I'm feeling pretty dissapointed and very concerned.

Am contacting the builder today as everything is on warranty.

Any input from your resident panel of genius's would surely be appreciated.

Thanks all.

Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error is sometimes related to a 0x0000007 error. Make sure they put a 64bit flavor of win7 on that machine.

Follow these steps.
1: Click on Start Orb
2: Type in CMD
3: When the Command Prompt program shows up, right click and click Run as Administrator.
4: Type in chkdsk c: /r
5: Press enter
6: Press Y, press enter again
7: RESTART

Let it go through the scan fully, as a lot of times it is related to a corrupt file system, corrupted page file, or corrupted memory.
Post back with your results.

Error Message:

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Explanation:

This Stop message indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory. This Stop message is usually caused by a bad block (sector) in a paging file, a virus, a disk controller error, or failing RAM. In rare cases, it is caused when nonpaged pool resources run out. It is also caused by defective hardware.

User Action:

If the I/O status is C0000185 and the paging file is on a SCSI disk, the disk cabling and SCSI termination should be checked for problems. Check your computer for viruses, using any up-to-date, commercial virus scanning software that examines the Master Boot Record of the hard disk. An I/O status code of 0xC000009C or 0xC000016A normally indicates the data cannot be read from the disk due to a bad block (sector). If you can restart the system after the error, Autochk runs automatically and attempts to map out the bad sector. If Autochk does not scan the hard disk for errors, manually launch the disk scanner. Run Chkdsk /f /r on the system partition. Restart the system before the disk scan begins. If you cannot start the system due to the error, use the Recovery Console and run Chkdsk /r . Caution: If your system partition is formatted with the FAT file system, the long file names used by Windows 2000 can be damaged if Scandisk or another MS-DOSbased hard disk tool is used to verify the integrity of your hard disk from an MS-DOS prompt. (An MS-DOS prompt is typically derived from an MS-DOS startup disk or from starting MS-DOS on a multiboot system.) Always use the Windows 2000 version of Chkdsk on Windows 2000 disks. Another common cause of this Stop message is failing RAM. Run hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer, especially the memory scanner. For details on these procedures, see the owners manual for your computer. Check that all network adapters in the computer are properly seated. Use an ink eraser or an electrical contact treatment, available at electronics supply stores, to ensure network adapter contacts are clean. Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the device causing the error. Disabling memory caching of the BIOS might also resolve it. Finally, if all the above steps fail to resolve the error, take the system motherboard to a repair facility for diagnostic testing. A crack, a scratched trace, or a defective component on the motherboard can also cause this error. For more troubleshooting information about this Stop message, refer to the Microsoft Knowledge Base at Microsoft Support.

CHKDSK IS VERIFYING FILES (STAGE 1 OF 5)...
105472 FILE RECORDS PROCESSED.
FILE VERIFICATION COMPLETED.
117 LARGE FILE RECORDS PROCESSED.
O BAD FILE RECORDS PROCESSED.
O EA RECORDS PROCESSED.
44 REPARSE RECORDS PROCESSED.
CHKDSK IS VERIFYING INDEXES (STAGE 2 OF 5)...
145562 INDEX ENTRIES PROCESSED.
INDEX VERIFICATION COMPLETED.
O UNINDEXED FILES SCANNED.
0 UNINDEXED FILES RECOVERED.
CHKDSK IS VERIFYING SECURITY DESCRIPTORS (STAGE 3 OF 5)...
105472 FILE SDS/SIDS PROCESSED.
SECURITY DESCRIPTOR VERIFICATION COMPLETED.
20046 DATA FILES PROCESSED.
CHKDSK IS VERIFYING USN JOURNAL...
37378800 USN BYTES PROCESSED.

USN JOURNAL VERIFICATION COMPLETED.
CHKDSK IS VERIFYING FILE DATA (STAGE 4 OF 5)...
105456 FILES PROCESSED.
FILE DATA VERIFICATION COMPLETED.
CHKDSK IS VERIFYING FREE SPACE (STAGE 5 OF 5)...

Finished stage 5 and zipped through a bunch of on screen data before resetting itself.

After reset it said is volume was clean

Try running memtest 86+ on your memory for a minimum of 12 hours now, if that is clean it could very well be corrupt system files, or bad drivers. Also, if you can, upload your memory dump files, that way we can better determine if it is a driver failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom