Show us your servers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually already considered some filters but these fans are low RPM and big so I would be concerned about air flow being blocked by even the smallest of filter. I take my stuff apart and clean it regularly anyways so no need until I get my rack mount.

That is what is great about the type of Filters that I suggested, they do NOT impede the airflow (unless they are packed with dust). They are thin but also zig-zag channeled (the air can zig-zag but the dust can not).

They are made for over $500 Ionizing Air Purifiers (with expensive slow turning fans) and also contain activated carbon to purify (and partially de-ionize) the air. I am recommending a quality product.

Here is a better Image from here: http://www.sears.ca/catalog/air-cleaners-kenmore/12992-100000545

642_32711_P.jpg

It is up to you, it's your stuff. I would buy the $10-20 re-usable Filter to protect my $1000 Computer if I had as much dust as you do. It can get into the Processor's Heatsink and cause overheating (and make your fans spin like crazy trying to cool it).

My place has some dust and these Filters barely show any dust after a year of use (until you clean them). After vacuuming them and giving them a blast of air they are refurbished and put back in place.

Got a Windows Home Server device about a month ago. I love it. It's a media server, torrent box, FTP server, remote access to all my files, backup server, and more!

• Dual core Atom 230 @ 1.6 GHz
  • 2 GB DDR2
  • 4 TB Storage (expandable)
  • Gigabit NIC
  • Front I/O Ports:
    • 1 - USB 2.0 Port
  • Rear I/O Ports:
    • 4 - USB 2.0 Ports
    • 1 - eSATA Port

20110426_0825.jpg

20110426_0830.jpg

20110426_0827.jpg