Low/mid range gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, all the hardware came today and as I am finishing up putting everything in place I am starting to realize more and more I am going to have some troubles trying to connect all the cables. Rep to anyone who can point me in the direction of a guide for the wiring
Thanks

Edit: On a side note, should the ram be installed next to each other or 1 over

On my EVO the RAM install beside one another. Be aware that the manual says just the opposite (or mine did) but it is wrong.

Wires only go one place. The 20+4 goes in the only socket made for it. The 4 or 8 pin mobo connector does the same. SATA connectors for all SATA drives. Molex for all molex connections. 6/8 pin PCI-E connectors for graphics cards. Post up pics of whatever you are confused on and we will help you along.

The graphics card has a 12 slot but the one from power supply is 6+2?
There was a little blue piece that I put into the USB part of the MOBO and connected the front panel USB to it im assuming this is correct.
I got the ~24 pin connected to the MOBO.
I connected the audio, hdd led, start and reset buttons via a white connector and plugged that into a white jack (or whatever the term is) Im assuming this is correct as well.
there was a 4 pin "jack" near the rear panel that I connected a 4+4 pin to im assuming this is correct, just making sure.
Im having trouble finding where to plug the 4 pin fans into.
I see a pwr fan "jack" on the MOBO, but I would think the power supply fan would be powered by the power supply...

Is it possible not all required cables came and that I will have to go buy some, there are plenty of "jacks" on the power supply.

Sorry for all the questions, this is obviously my first build and im trying to make sure I get everything correct before attempting a boot. If you want any pictures of specific things just let me know

The graphics card uses two 6-pin connectors.

I'm not sure what "little blue piece" you are talking about. Is it the USB connector for the front USB ports?

Sounds like you got the front connectors set up. that white piece makes it really easy, huh?

Yeah, the 4-pin is a power connector for the mobo so you are good there.

The CPU fan plugs into the four pin just above the CPU socket along the top edge of the mobo. It looks like any other fans will have to connect directly to the PSU.

You have more than enough power connections. Your mobo should have come with two SATA cables, two SATA 6.0Gb/s cables, and a ATA ribbon cable. If the front fan in your case did not come with a power adapter you might need one of these for it (the otehr fans I recommended all come with their own adapter):
Newegg.com - Rosewill 12" Fan power supply cable Model RCW-311

Wow, just found a ton of cables in a bag I set down and forgot about......
If I come across any other problems I will let you know.
Thank you very much

Ya, looks like im going to have to purchase a couple of those fan adapters.
Yes, it is the usb connector for front usb ports.
Are there particular power cables I am looking for for the GPU or can it be any two 6 pins?
There is a red PCI-E cable is this used for anything in particular?
I already had the cpu fan connected, I was referring to something else but I think it is unnecessary.
Im assusming the 6gb/s is for the HDD and the regular SATA for the ODD?

You should have one of each of these:
pci_e.jpg
pci6_2.jpg

They are the ones you need for the GPU. You won't use the extra two on the 6+2.

I'm not sure which red one you mean. here's the age with all the connectors shown:
Antec

Yes, the SATA 6.0 is for the hard drive and the regular SATA is for the optical.

Im having quite the time trying to install the CPU fan, when I latch down one side the other side does not go far enough down to latch, just wondering if you have a solution for that, if not I have no idea what to do although the cooling solution should be contaminated by now :doh:

Should the ODD have two connnections or is it an either/or? Same with the HDD, it has a second jack that is 8 pin that I cant find a connector for.

The red jack that matches the red connector I mentioned earlier says 12V3 as opposed to the rest being 12V1, is it safe to use this as my second connection for my GPU?

Install the CPU cooler before mounting the mobo in the case if at all possible. It makes it a LOT easier. Actually, AMD's latch system is easier than Intel's pushpins. And yes, the thermal paste should be replaced if you didn't get it in a couple of tries.

Both drives use a data connection (SATA cable to the mobo) and a power connection (SATA power connection from PSU). Some drives may have a molex connection on them (four pins in a row) but you won't be using them.

If the 12V3 connector is a 6-pin like those for your graphics card then it may be a third one unless you only have a single 12V1. How many pins/plugs does it have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom