Is a tablet PC really just a glorified piece of paper and a pen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Char_Aznable

Beta member
Hi all. I was looking to buy a Dell Inspiron Duo, but I was curious as to what types of things a tablet can do. Is it just word processing? I work the healthcare industry and I have little use for taking notes. I don't have business meetings or anything. Could I use it to play music or videos? Can I browse the internet with it? What types of programs run on it? I am just a regular guy, and I have never had much use for portable computing before. I have always looked for the big, bulky, muscle desktops since I do a lot of gaming. Any thoughts or ideas?

The touchscreen is useful and convenient, especially with Windows 7. Though there is not a lot you can do outside of the added note-taking and portability.

This is my recommended: ViewSonic VPAD10 Tablet PC
Installed RAM: 2GB, 16GB
HDD :16GB
Display Size :10”
Battery Time :4Hrs
Weight :1.7 Kg

If you want a real tablet COMPUTER go with the Lenovo Thinkpad X series tablet's, but if you want a glorified mobile phone iPad.

Hi all. I was looking to buy a Dell Inspiron Duo, but I was curious as to what types of things a tablet can do. Is it just word processing? I work the healthcare industry and I have little use for taking notes. I don't have business meetings or anything. Could I use it to play music or videos? Can I browse the internet with it? What types of programs run on it? I am just a regular guy, and I have never had much use for portable computing before. I have always looked for the big, bulky, muscle desktops since I do a lot of gaming. Any thoughts or ideas?
A low powered Tablet can play music and videos along with browsing (with WiFi).

A high powered Tablet can do everything except any expansion will be via USB and there is no "real" keyboard just the on-screen one (unless you add a USB or BT Keyboard).

A Tablet Phone (http://www.reghardware.com/2011/06/06/review_lg_optimus_3d_p920/) will give you a decent Camera, a Phone, GPS, MP3, Video and more, all in one. It (usually) won't run Windows Applications but some have Win7Mobile and can run some Windows (mobile version) Programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom