Can updating video card drivers cause artifacting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhOsT1321

Daemon Poster
Hello, I have been having problems with my display driver crashing in Minecraft and only Minecraft. Other games, such as Crysis SP Demo, Metro 2033 Demo, and SC2 seem to run fine.
I have tried downgrading to a previous driver, as well as, updating to the driver that was released this month, both have not solved this problem. With my most recent update, occasionally, my video card will not up-clock. When not in use, my core clock is 100 and my memory clock is 150.
Odd thing is, when I run FurMark, the GPU never up-clocks, and I see very slight artifacting.

I have been monitoring my temps carefully and constantly, max has been 65º and idle is 32ºC.
I'm starting to wonder if there is a problem with the card, I have never heard of drivers causing artifacts.
My card and additional specs are listed in my signature.

Sounds to me like it might be the game and NOT the card. If other games play fine and don't crash, that kind of rules out the card. Maybe you can try reloading the game? or check the company website, maybe there is a known issue with certain cards with said game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom