instant overheating :o(

Status
Not open for further replies.

axiomflash

Baseband Member
I just finished installing my new motherboard and processor, but three seconds after I turn it on I am getting an overheated CPU alarm. I don't have a clue why it could be overheating. I have installed the heatsink and thermal paste correctly I'm sure. Moreso, I didn't think the cpu could possibly overheat in 3 seconds from cold. Please help anyone?

I heard a story once that Thermal Paste instantly arose the CPU Temp, way above 65C climbing.

Another option, take the side cover of your CPU case and put a fan there lol. Hey, its unorthodox but it can work ... theres a pic of it somewhere on here ...

Sorry dude, other than the little thermal paste story, I dont know much.

Well all i can say is you dont have something right. Check the CPu heatsink again, make sure the bios settings where put on default, and make sure all the power connectors are on right. thats about all i can think of. unless you have watercooling.

within 3 seconds the CPU can EASILY hit 65C if incorrectly installed

could be a BIOS/mobo reading it too high error, but just to be safe, reinstall and reapply new thermal paste

is it a intell bourd.. were u need the cpu fan connected to the right port or it wont read it and shut it down?

no, this is an Abit AV8 (939 chipset) and an Athlon 64 3200+. The cpu fan does plug directly into the motherboard and runs no problem.

if the cpu is indeed overheating should i be able to feel some sort of heat radiating from it? i cant...

Then i think its just the bios reading it wrong or you have it installed wrong cause if it was overheating then you would feel heat.

Hmm... Try taking the CMOS battery out for a few min then putting it back in. If it works, it will reset the BIOS and allow you to get in and check things out. The battery is round watch battery looking thing but slightly bigger, maybe the size of a nickle, or quarter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom