Is everything ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can save some money by ordering from scan.co.uk
Also, you forgot a power supply. Just a note, never buy a "cheap power supply". We have a Power Supply Guide on the forums, but basically Antec and Corsair are your best bets. The corsair CX line is currently lesser quality than what we have come to expect.

Also, get Windows 64bit, this will allow you to utilize 4GB+of RAM. Another thing, the RAM you listed is a bit slow.

The case you listed will work, but the better known cases such as Cooler Master or Antec tend to be more durable and easier to work with. However, just about any case will work, you can pick the case.

Motherboard
Asus M4A78LT-M AMD 760G AM3

Case
Coolermaster HAF 912 Plus

Processor
AMD CPU Athlon II 640

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM

Memory (RAM)
Corsair Memory XMS3 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz CAS 9

Video Card
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 1GB

Power Supply
Corsair Enthusiast TX V2 CMPSU-650TXV2UK 650W

The total is £517.19 for the parts previously listed.

I forgot to mention I already have a 750watt corsair power supply. I heard there were problems in some games with 64bit?

I forgot to mention I already have a 750watt corsair power supply. I heard there were problems in some games with 64bit?

I believe that some programs may not work properly on 64-bit, but I have never heard of games not working on it. Basically, when someone builds a computer, the majority of the time it is for gaming. When someone builds a gaming PC, they nearly always get 64 bit. I don't think 64-bit will cause any problems, but you may want to wait for someone more knowledgeable in that area to post.

What is your budget, and what games are you playing?

My budget is around 500-600 euro and I plan on playing Crysis 2, TF2 and Red Orchestra 2.
Also, would it be better to get 1x4GB or 2x2GB ram?

64 bit works with all of those games AFAIK.
Get 2x2GB
This allows your RAM to operate in dual channel mode, which increases speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom