AMD Build Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Refer my sig.

Get a bigger case.
Get a bigger PSU
Get an FX board
Get another 4GB of RAM
Crossfire the GPU (or get a better one and then crossfire that bad boy :D)

I built mine for $1k, $1500 will see you with a computer that will play alot of games very well. The above should set you back about that. I'll post soem suggestions later.

EDIT:

Ok, suggestions.

Case: Antec 900
PSU: Thermaltake ToughPower-XT 875Watt PSU
RAM: 2x4GB 1333 DDR3
Mobo: FX board of some sort
CPU: Phenom II 1090T
GPU: Powercolor 1GB 6870 PCI-E VGA Card x2 :D

As a starting point. I'm sure some people can suggest a better case and power supply.

If you live in the US, these links will be yours to click and purchase from, if not, try to find it on the website where your country has computer parts for sale.

Processor: Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT90ZFBGRBOX
PSU (i personally have this one): Newegg.com - Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W Continuous Power ATX12V version 2.3 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply
GPU x2 : Newegg.com - MSI R6950 Twin Frozr II OC Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
RAM: Newegg.com - ddr3 1600
Mobo (i own this too, its very good. worth the money): Newegg.com - MSI 890FXA-GD70 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
Hard Drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136795
Case: Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

This build thati have given you right now, is probably one of the fastest computers for gaming, with great graphics. 8GB Ram, reliable motherboard with next generation hardware (USB 3.0, overclock dial on the motherboard) and the best AMD proecssor.
This build that i have suggested is a total of 1300$, the last 200$ should go into cooling system and OS, if you need it :)

i wouldn't say that its noticeably bigger, but it IS bigger by about 2 inches, which gives more wire management, so if your willing to pay an extra 60$ on a case, go for it. just know that your budget will be tighter for everything else if you need it.

i also dont know if you need a monitor...

That PSU will be ok for 2 of those graphic cards? Also what CD drive do you use if any?

As you can see, in a couple of posts, we've got a couple of different opinions on the PSU. The call is yours on what you think and the research you do and what money you have to spend.

Optical drive; pick one. Doesn't matter overly much they are all pretty much the same. Just be sure to pick up a blu-ray one if you are going to doing anything with blu-ray discs :D

Keep us posted mate ;) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom