AMD Phenom X4 965 Multiplier set to 4x

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakoom2002

Baseband Member
I had a custom computer built a while ago for me and I bought a AMD Phenom X4 965 Processor. The other day I was looking at instructions on how to overclock it. I went into asus Turbo-V And moved the core ratios to 3.8ghz or 19. When I verified my core speeds in amd overdrive it said the they were only running at 800 mhz but they would occasionally spike at 3.8ghz. When i was looking at the video the guys core speeds were constantly at 3.8 ghz. I was trying to figure out why mine were so low. I paused the video and matched his profile in amd overdrive up to mine and I noticed his frequency multiplier was set to 19 and mine for some reason was set to 4. can I safely increase mine to 19? Will the fix the issue of my processor running at 800 mhz per core. How do I safely move my multiplier to 19? Thank You.

Okay, so I figured it out. I was able to change everything in the bios. Please tell me if this is a safe setup.

I have an AMD Phenom II X4 965

and its now OCed to:

Core Speed: 3.8ghz
Bus Speed: 200mhz
Multiplier: 19
CPU Voltage: 1.45

for safe setup you should also look at you northbridge and hyper transfer speeds which also provide or take stability and also cpu volt is a bit high but since its a phenom maybe it can take the eextra volt unlike my athlon that likes 1.41 in volt also have to watch your temps if there runing high under volt a bit while bieng stable and finally stress test it just to make sure your stable

Disable AMD's Cool'N'Quiet within the BIOS of the computer. Or, go to Control Panel - Power Management - Choose High Performance Plan. It'll hit 3.8Ghz when there is quite a bit of CPU usage, but when the CPU power is not needed, it'll "downclock" the CPU. Nothing harmful. If you want to verify it, download Prime95, and open CPU-Z then run Prime95. You'll see the speeds change.

doesnt high perfornance power plan leave it clocked at 3.8ghz all the time?????? cause mine stays at 3.5ghz no matter what its doing even while just sitting there doing nothing

Yes, my wording wasn't great on that last reply of mine...

Cool'N'Quiet will downclock the processor when it is not in use. It does this to reduce heat, electrical usage, and sound.

High Performance Power plan "overrides" the Cool'N'Quiet feature INSIDE of Windows, so you don't have to mess with any BIOS features. It will keep the processor clocked to what the BIOS has it set for all the time. (e.g. 200x19=3800mhz It will keep it at 3800mhz constantly.)

hehe yep thats right.

advantage on asus boards that have Q fan mode is that the cool and quiet also regulates fan speed i believe but q fan regulates fan speed without reducing clock plus it has a user mode in which you can setup fan perimiters via thermal graph.

By the way is orthos same as prime 95 ,cause ive read that there basicly the same but orthos is more "user friendly"

hehe yep thats right.

advantage on asus boards that have Q fan mode is that the cool and quiet also regulates fan speed i believe but q fan regulates fan speed without reducing clock plus it has a user mode in which you can setup fan perimiters via thermal graph.

By the way is orthos same as prime 95 ,cause ive read that there basicly the same but orthos is more "user friendly"

Essentially, yes. Basically Prime95 with a way better GUI. However, a lot of people have complained about the way Orthos was built, and using more resources. I have no preference really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom