Computer turns on but won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forakora

Beta member
Hi! I'm new here, just registered in hopes I could find some help, thanks in advance : )

My computer worked just fine last night. Tried to turn it on this morning, and it turns on fine but it won't boot up, no power or anything going to the monitor. Also, the disk drive is making loud short whirring noises at a rhythmic rate, and the green light on it flashes on and off with the sound. Put in a new disk drive, same problem. Monitor works fine on laptop.

Leaning towards mobo but really hoping it's not. Computer is over 5 years old, can't imagine it would be very easy to find a decent replacement that could support all of my old components since everything is sata now :(

Anyone every had this problem? Some insight would be wonderful : )

Never no man, you said the computer is over 5 years old correct ?
Check your video card first to make sure it is getting a signal to the monitor.
Matter of fact,take it out for now, and if you have onboard graphics try that first to see what happens.
Your motherboard should be able to autoselect to it when their is no default PCI or AGP graphics card in the socket.

That was it! Last thing I ever would have thought of, that stupid sound was throwing me off. Thanks a bunch : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom