Recommend me a new monitor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parky-RFC

Baseband Member
Hi, I'm in looking to purchase a monitor of good quality. I will be connecting my PS3 to it and also use it as my desktop monitor.

My budget is £200, ($330).

I've narrowed my search down to a couple of monitors and would like some advice from anyone who has greater knowledge than me about them.

Samsung P2450H 24-inch Widescreen Full HD 1920 x 1080p Monitor (2ms, HDMI, Rose Red): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Asus 24-inch VH242H Wide Gaming LCD TFT Monitor (5ms, Full HD, HDMI, Black): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

PS. I know on that link the it says that the Asus is 5ms, but on the Amazon.com it says it's 2ms which is slightly confusing me, perhaps just a mistake on the UK site.
Both seem to be popular and receive good reviews, would one of these be a good choice? Is there a better monitor out there within my budget?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I have the P2450h. I recommend it.
PS. I know on that link the it says that the Asus is 5ms, but on the Amazon.com it says it's 2ms which is slightly confusing me, perhaps just a mistake on the UK site.
Different companies measure their latency differently. They are generally not an important measure when buying monitors (unless they're >15ms).

I have the P2450h. I recommend it.
Different companies measure their latency differently. They are generally not an important measure when buying monitors (unless they're >15ms).

Thanks for your response. Both of the monitors have been out since 2009, is there not a more latest model out? Would you say the Samsung is as good as it gets within my budget?

i have used dell branded monitor. it's beautiful, durable and comfortable. buy that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom