Tech-Forums App?!?

:)

okay... "just an observation" --- just a simple, purely non bias observation. Okay.. a few of them.

1) android process was short, quick, simple. The instructions were short and simple. It just seemed fast and much EASIER than I thought it would be. (much of this has to do with the vb mobile suite)... but the things I did... all went smoothly for the android app.

2) the iphone process.... well,
a) the download zip file for the app is 12 meg vs. the 2 meg for android (WTF, 6 times as big?)
b) vb tells me i'm the only one with an issue of downloading it... turns out it was trendmicro causing an issue ( firewall was doing something)
c) ios developer ($100 bucks) vs. android developer ($25 bucks)
d) amount of time to get all the stuff filled out and signed in, etc. etc. ios= 2 different logins and still waiting for some approval and still much more to fill out AFTER i get approved vs. a few minutes for android

hopefully, the iphone app goes faster/quicker/easier after the approval. as with android, a few minutes to upload and BAMM... it was in the market place.

so.... the TF iphone app is coming... stay tuned

From what I read it can take up to 6 weeks for the App to be approved by Apple to appear on their AppStore. So it looks like those with an iOS device will have to wait around 6 weeks before they can enjoy what us Android users have instant access to.

getting closer....
wow... this process is long and lots of stuff to fill in and do, etc.

currently downloading a 4.3 GIG file -- the 'xcode and ios sdk'
arghhhhhhhh

okay... after doing the process "slow and go"...
one odd snag (issue was going from pc to mac :) )

the iphone app has been submitted and received by the app store....
YEAH!!!

and now....
we wait.

hopefully it doesn't take forever?

i will get email ( i can check the status), but for now...
"upload received"

I tried taking a screenshot, but by default on my phone that involves pressing the back and home button together, which meant I either took a screenshot of the app with a logout prompt covering it, or closing the app :p That's Samsung's fault ofc, not whoever developed this (couldn't find any Credits or About).

Anyway, thanks very much :D This will make it much easier for us to use T-F when on mobile, and perhaps act as a good advert.

Edit: Performing this edit on my phone, and WOW posts load fast - much faster than on my desktop.

I use drocap2... works for me; there's 3 different ways to activate the trigger for screenshots too. It does require root though, I believe.

Back
Top Bottom