Help me build a PC or find decent pre-built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trioxygen

Solid State Member
Hey, I'm new here {Obviously} and I'm a COMPLETE NEWB at hardware, I need help with building a rig for gaming, I'm not one who needs maxed settings on Crysis and all that crap, main game I play is Wolfteam and having that on max settings with no lag would be great, but again, I don't NEED max settings on that game it's just something I'd like for a not very demanding game. One major problem I have encountered is the fact I live in AUSTRALIA, and the best site I have found for parts so far is Msy.com.au, so please get parts off their or find a GOOD LEGIT site/shop that sells reasonable priced items and ships to Australia (Not Newegg Tigerdirect etc), Ideally I'm looking to spend around $800 Maximum, but as I'm a student that works part time and lives at home, I can spend quite a lot - for example: I have $300 currently, next week I get $200 and then back down to $100 a week for the next 2 weeks or so after that.

Thanks in advance for any help as I'm a newb and really need it!

alright this is what i came up for you i haven't included a case as i figured you could pick your own and i'm not 100% sure if you needed a sound card either so if someone else could check that for me it would be good :)

GPU: Gigabyte 1GB 5670 PCI-E VGA Card MSY Online

MOBO: ASUS P8P67-M-V3 P67 DDR3 Intel 1155pin Motherboard MSY Online

CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 1155pin Boxed CPU MSY Online

PSU: Corsair HX-650 ATX Power Supply Unit MSY Online

RAM: Kingston DDR3 1600 HyperX Blue 4GB Kit(2Gx2) CL9 MSY Online

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung IDE 22x Black DVD RW - 1 Year Warranty MSY Online

HDD: Seagate 3.5" Barracuda 1TB ST31000524AS SATA3 7200RPM 32MB HDD MSY Online

Total: $745

You may end up going over a bit by the time you pick a case but if you really don't want to go over 800 you could down grade to the i5 2300 which would save 20-30 i think and you would still be able to play wolfteam you said before. This should be able to run Wolfteam on high and maybe even max graphs without to much lag but i'm not 100% if it would make max or not

Well WolfTeam is a very low demanding game, I think. Thanks for doing this too, and all the parts work with eachother etc right?

Also - Would it be worth spending the $18 extra and getting the i5 2500k and saving that by downgrading to 500GB HDD as I'd probably never use 1TB

Exactly, plus I have a 1TB and 500GB External used for movies which I just hook to Xbox 360

yeh that would probably be good especially if you already have 2 external hdd's and yes the parts go together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom