bios setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamo

Beta member
Just finished my new i7 950 build. I don't understand some of the bios settings that I should use. I have two 1TB sata 3.0 hard drives. What should I set the sata configuration to? It gives three choices in the bios IDE, Raid (which I am not using), and AHCI (advanced host controller interface).
Also the ram seems to be set wrong. I think it was showing 1066 ram.
I have Mushkin enhanced 998805. DDR 3, 2x3 GB, 1600 with 6-8-6-24 and the voltage on the specs shows 1.65volts. Do I need to manually set these numbers in the bios settings? There are a lot of settings under the ram. What do these number correspond to? The motherboard is an Asus p6x58d-e.
Thanks

If you loaded an OS on there yet, you can't change from IDE to AHCI. You'd need a registry edit. Not recommended for the novice. But AHCI is your best option for SATA configuration.

As for the memory, yes, you need to manually set that. Wait around for Slaymate. He can help you there.

Thanks for the help. I haven't put the os on yet until I get the bios just right. I am going to overclock later when I have it up and running smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom