Toshiba NB305 - Trouble locating partitioned parts of hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramsawak

Beta member
Hey all
I have infront of me, a toshiba netbook, model NB305. I have just recently reformatted it to the default windows 7, 32bit.
(I was reformatting it for a friend)
Now, druing the formatting process I saw there there were many partitioned parts of the main hard drive. Druing the process however, I only formatted the main part and install the OS on that specific drive. Now how ever I cannot located the other sections of the full hard drive. There is only one listed and its only 129 gb of the full 500 bg that the computer should come with. As far as I know the installation was fine, and the formatting process was succesfull.
Any ideas on how to find the missing partitions?
(Not to rush anyone, but kidnf of need to get this thing up in running with in 12 hours from now)
Thanks all :)

Do you know what these other partitions are? Try looking in Computer Management, Disk Management, see what it says. It may just need to be initialized.

I checked computer management,
There are 5 volumes set up, only one with a volume letter (D:) Which is the active primary partition.
There are 4 other Partions, i)Simple - Basic - Healthy (Recovery Partion). ii) Simple - Basic - Healthy (Primary Partion). iii) Simple - Basic - Healthy (Primary Partion). iv) Simple - Basic - NTFS - Healthy (System, Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partion). And the 5th with drive letter D: v) Simple - Basic - NTFS - Healthy (Active, Primary Partition)

( I would send a sreen shot but Im not using the computer that I am trying to find the Partions on.

I notice how ever that below that there are blocks that show what each partion is doing, and there is a block that says 82 BG Unallocated. Is that they extra space I am looking for? If so, How do i make it into a drive?
I tried simply to select the chunk of space, and create simple volume, but when i go through the process it prompts me that there is not enough space avalible on the disk(s) to complete this operation.

BTW, thanks for your quick reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom