Clean Install of Visa HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellwood2

Solid State Member
** I already have vista installed on the computer
Can some one please help me. Im new to this . So my computer works but doesnt . Like i can log in into a adimn account but not a regular. It says Cannot load event log.So im going to do a clean install of vista because when i do restore to factory settings it just restarts the computer.So i have a couple questions

Can i do a clean install with this http://www.cshowcase.com/webfiles/Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade.jpg if i can how?

And

If i do a clean install how do i not loose my Drivers(Like GPU,Cpu,sound etc.) or will i not loose my drivers?

BTW i backed up my files
Please get back soon

YOU WILL LOSE YOUR DRIVERS. No changing that. It's part of the reason you fresh install to begin with.

If you put the disk in and restart does it just go to windows again?

You will loss your driver. Abstract already said it but I a confirming it. No way to get around that. You loss evrything when yu do a clean install. All files and drivers.

As for your questoon, no. You cannot do a clean install with the media shown. Well let me clarify that. You can but it is not supported. Microsft doesnt support such methods and very few places will. That is Upgrade Media for a reason. It is to upgrade a previous version to that version. It is not meant to be used for a clean install.

How do i make it so i dont loose my drivers?

If i cant what you you recommend doing?
As i said my recover disks dont work
:O i just thought of something my dad has a upgrade to windows 7 should i upgrade the computer to 7 then upgrade to vista?

You will lose your drivers no matter what no fix for that. NO MATTER WHAT you will have to reinstall them.

Why would you upgrade to 7 and then go back to vista??!!!

My opinion? upgrade to 7 and stay there.

There is no way to keep your drivers. None, nada, zip, zilch, zero.

Also you cant upgrade to Win7 then go back to Vista. Ot is an Upgrade Disk. It is not an upgrade if you go from a newer version of Windowzz to an older version. It cannot be done.

The only way it could he is to reinstall Windows XP then use the Vista upgrade disk to reinstall Vista.

Any which way you look at it you are going to have to format, loss your drivers and reinstall. How you go about the reinstall is going to be tricky cause you only have upgrade media. If you choose to go to Win7 you will need to do so from a completely operational and functional version of Vista. If there is any issues with your Vista install it will be compounded when you upgrade to Win7.

How would i reninstall them.Arent they in the computer(Gpu and cpu and sound)Im on a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom