Battlefield 3 Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbiter

In Runtime
Looking to build a gaming rig that will be able to rock Battlefield 3 when it comes out. Budget is $1500 but will go higher if necessary. Not sure what to get as this will be my first build but I do have a general idea of what I need. I have a 23 inch monitor, speakers, mouse and keyboard already. I would probably guess Nvidia for GPU and Intel i7 for CPU, 8GB or 16GB of RAM, 1TB HD, 1000W PSU. Also not sure about overclocking anything. Will not be messing with water cooling and I don't need a blu ray player.

The game looks like it needs awesome specs to run smoothly hence why I named this topic "Battlefield 3 Gaming Rig". :)

What would you recommend for a case, HD, and optical disc drive? It would also be nice to see a complete build listed and the total cost.

Cases are personal choice, really. Go with what you like... but make sure that it is easy to work inside of it and that it has adequate cooling.

For hard drive(s), look at the Western Digital Black drives. Nice and fast, plus they have a five year warranty. Check out the ones with the 64MB cache.

Go with a SATA optical drive. I won't buy an LG drive (bad experience).

It would also be nice to see a complete build listed and the total cost.

Click the links and add up the cost. Then you'll have it.

And this rig will max the game regardless of 4GB or 8GB of ram. 8 would just be future proofing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom