Rate the Wire Management Above You!

Yeah, it is better than when you started. Try grouping up those cords coming out from the PSU. Those two cords that go left and right of the 20/4 pin are rather loose.

Also, like in this picture:

IMG_0093.jpg

Try to hide the excess cord between your hard drives.

Ok I thought you were talking about moving the IDE cable between the HDs not the power cables. And I see what you mean about the other power cords. I can see stuff better in the picture then when I am actually working on it.

So, I've never really been into wire management as you can obviously tell from my old setup. But, I wanted to make life easier and so thought about it up front when purchasing a case. I got the Corsair Graphite 600T. Here is the old and the new

Old setup:
C2Q Q9650, TRUE 120, 780i SLI, 4 GB OCZ Blades DDR2 1150, 2x GTX 260, Coolermaster 850W, Intel X-25M SSD, 750 and 320 GB Cudas, Gigabyte 3D Aurora case (nightmare for cable mgt.)

20110423_0761sm.jpg

New setup:
i7 2600K, stock cooler (until new bracket comes), Asus Sabertooth P67, 8 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X DDR3 1600, Same GPUs, PSU, and HDDs, Corsair Graphite 600T

Little bit better, although there is still a lot I could do with it.
20110423_0792sm.jpg

Ignore the heatsink cables as that will be replaced in a couple days.

How are your temps?

Very nice btw..... These cases love non modular psus, as all the cabling goes near the tray.
TBH I haven't really looked that much. I just finished everything on Sunday night and when I've been on it I've just been reconfiguring a few things in Windows. BTW...I didn't have to reformat, which was a shock! XP would've crapped on my face with new hardware like that. Anyway, if I remember right it was like low 30's idle and low 60's load, but again, I wasn't actually looking for temps. I'll check tonight and OC a little bit and report back.

You got that armored Sabertooth? Sweet!
Yea, it's a pretty awesome board. Same specs as the EVO Pro, but the thermal armor is nice ($10 premium). I'm always bending capacitors, or something when I mess with components. The best part is the EFI (GUI) BIOS. Very intuitive!

All-in-all, if I had a better PSU I could have done a better job with cable management, but I think it turned out nice for what I have.

I've noticed that. I'm likely going to be switching the stock fans out for something a little better. I'm thinking the NZXT 200mm fans. I'm totally open for suggestions too if you guys know of some good fans. I've got Xigmatek 120mm fans coming for the TRUE, but they don't make 200mms. Quiet is a must though!

Back
Top Bottom