"Why you should build your own"

That's pretty hard core, I thought this was just going to be a sticky explaining when it is versus when it is not a good idea to build.

But then if ksod would be happier with more complete information then so be it.

Has anyone/everyone used google docs or similar tool? I haven't, but from what I understand it might be a better collaborative platform for this (since you won't be able to edit each others posts on the forum).
If we go with something so generic why bother? I can sum it up in 1 sentence. Save Money. Heck it didnt even take a sentence. But that doesnt do anything. I dont want some old crap thrown together on when it is better. Cause we can argue that it is always better. You save money and get what you want and need. How is that not better than getting some piece of crap stamped out at a factory with no though put into it. Just part thrown together to make a machine. If we do that we might as well call ourselves the flea market of the internet cause all we will be offering up is crap that i wouldnt want to show my family let alone the world.

As already explained all it will do is lead to other questions being asked. What then? We just ignore this new influx of questions we just generated and answer them with the same old crap and end up getting fed up with the fact we have to answer the same questions over and over again that we create sticky threads somewhere down the line? I would rather take the time now and make it a group effort with everyone on site and get it done right the first time. Save ourselves the aggravation of the influx of questions that will follow and have them already answered to the point that we wont be sounding like a broken record for the next 6 months copying and pasting the same response.

Sorry if that seems a bit demanding on my part, but I am not looking at what good it will do to have a 3 sentence POS thrown together on why it is better to build your own when we can create something epic that the whole world will follow and come here to see. If your going to do it, do it right the first time. Dont mess it up and regret the fact you didnt take the time to do it right the first time. That is my way of thinking. If it is harder and more time consuming, so be it. I bet once it is done and everyone on site and the rest of the world see what we have accomplished we will all feel just a little bit better about what we took the time to do and be glad we didnt just slap together a crap topic about it. When the link backs and membership start raising cause of the topic and we get positive feedback about it the fact that i was such a hard head about it will be forgotten.

OK. Everyone who is interested in helping out with this project please send me a PM letting me know. I will send some specific instructions regarding how to get it started.

I have two so far.

I now have three. I will give this a couple more days and then send out the info to those involved.

Do you mind if I assist with the process of all this ?
Has anyone really ever thought, after the computer is built and runs great for awhile there will come time for hardware issues or software problems beyond are expertise.

Example when a MSI LGA 1155 or gigbabyte AM3+, starts to have problems and eventually needs to be sent back, how are people that aren't a computer novice do when they need to ship back one or two items ?
We all know for sure Newegg.com will not take it back after 30 days not unless they covering the warranty themselves.
Getting directly to manufacturer technician to help describe the problem in full and possibly have it packed up and ready to ship near the end of the day to speed RMA process.
Other times it can be new computer user themselves, you break it and it is your fault.
Not everything is warrantied if you partially damaged or fully damaged a computer component.

I think if that is fully explained with some valid samples it will keep the flow of how do I send something back that I damaged or how do I start my warrany process questions.
If that is to be considered, I will use dragon naturally speaking 10 and speak up some notes in the next few days and have a few team members verify it and make minor adjustments.

Well, that's what the hardware troubleshooting forum is for, right? I don't think we need to include what to do months after you have the setup. It could be fine and dandy for some people.

If the so company has accidental warranty, that would cover it. A capacitor blown is usually not your fault.

Well, every company is different. What one company would consider, another wouldn't.

Just my two cents. I am not fighting, just trying to come at an understandment here.

OK. I have five who are interested in taking part in this so far. I will wait until Friday to get a work area set up. Once I have it set up I will PM the info to those involved.

Back
Top Bottom