Mother Board and Heatsinking questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy05

Beta member
Hey everyone, 1st time poster, longer lurker! lol

Ive decided I want to build my own PC this time. I ran into a few questions that im sure this community could answer. I have selected a MB that I think will work, and a Case that Im so so with. There seems to be a ton of case choices out there so ill keep looking for a coolness functionalism factor.

heres the MB I picked

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7094583&CatId=4070

Intel® Desktop Board DX58SO2

And heres the case

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=41025&Sku=A702-0009

Azza CSAZ-2000 Hurrican Full Tower Gaming Case - E-ATX, ATX, Micro ATX, 4x Ext 5.25", 1x Ext 3.5", 6x Int 3.5" 2x Int 2.5", 4x 230mm Fans, 4x 120mm Fans, 1x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0, e-SATA, Blue LED

So the questins, After I put the CPU in, do i need to add anything for "Heatsinking" like a case or something that goes over it, or does it come with all the parts?

Do cases come with the fans or is this something typically already in the case when you buy them?

I cant seem to find a thread on Heatsinking FAQs either.

So the questins, After I put the CPU in, do i need to add anything for "Heatsinking" like a case or something that goes over it, or does it come with all the parts?

Take a look at this animated guide for Processor and Heatsink.
Build a PC - Fitting a Processor (CPU) - PCitYourself.com

Do cases come with the fans or is this something typically already in the case when you buy them?

It should be listed in the specifications of the computer case.
for the case you listed, it says...

"120mm Fans Included: 4

Other Fans Included: 4x 230mm Fans"

Wow as sad as it is, those videos actually helped! haha.

I was thinking the "Heatsink" was not a fan and was some metal bar or something that went over and under the CPU area.

Well it is...the heatsink is a series of metal tubes that make direct contact with the processor and the fan just sits on or next to them to cool them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom