New Desktop Build..help me out??

Status
Not open for further replies.
That one is worse than the first one I picked out in my first post (bottom link). It's also in the 5xxx series, not the 6xxx so it's older technology, etc. Pick one from the 6xxx series at least.

your build right now looks actually, really solid. only thing i would suggest is that since you originally wanted about 1000$ computer, you should get a cheaper case.... 160$ for a case is alot of money.... i feel that the one Nightfox suggested is better since its cheaper and is also very good.

the 6970 is a good graphics card but most enthusiasts prefer to buy the 6950 because you get more bang for your buck. its not as good as the 6970 but it is atleast 40$ cheaper. the prices range from 260$ (today only(?)) ~ 300$ compared to the 340$

and yes, its fast.

yeah im pretty set on the case... :p

im actually looking at having closer to $2,000 now... :D

so i think i am gonna go with that better graphics card in the end..anything i could do better on within the $2,000 range?

think ima add another drive..or should i just buy 2 of those LG ones..?

Well, if you have more, I'd keep the graphics card, and get a solid state drive (SSD). They're tons faster, but more expensive. Newegg.com - OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) This is one of the best ones out there so far that isn't extremely overpriced (in my opinion). You'll have to find another place to buy it, but this is super fast and will greatly increase your performance/speed. You can use this for your operating system and all of your programs and use your other hard drive for storage, etc.

I found some on amazon:
Amazon.com: OCZ Technology 240 GB Vertex 3 SATA III 6.0 Gb/s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive VTX3-25SAT3-240G: Electronics
Amazon.com: OCZ 120 GB Vertex 3 SATA III 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive VTX3-25SAT3-120G: Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom