Driver ga,e crash problem, Pleeeease help

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeteds

Solid State Member
Hey all

Just recieved my new dell laptop and already having problems when playing my favourite game (football manager 2011). I'll load the game up then about 10 minutes in it crashes with a loud buzzing noise and I get the famous "display driver nvidia windows kernal mode driver version 265.94 stopped responding and has recovered" .I then have to start my game all over again.

Heres my main problem - nvidia has an up to date driver (270.61) for my graphics card so I downloaded it but when installing it stops and says "the graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware". I then went to the dell site and looked at there drivers but the most up to date driver on their site was the one I already have.Ive even tried the 270.61 modified drivers but that didnt install either.
My card is the Ge Force GT 525m which includes all the hd audio, 3d vision and all that. The laptop also comes with the intel hd graphics 3000.

Any suggestions will be very much apreciated as its driving me insane. All I want to do is something simple like play a game on a machine ive spent alot of money on.

Thanks

Joe

Try using an older driver than the newest. The latest drivers are not always the best.

ok thanks buddy, do you know where I can find older drivers for that card ? The nvidia site only has the letest from what i can see.
Plus would there be older ones for that card ? isn't it a new card ?

humm... Try running DriverSweeper. Link to guide in my sig. Get rid of all NVIDIA drivers. Try to start fresh.

Cheers buddy
Ive found a temporary solution although its not an ideal one, Ive uninstalled the nvidia drivers and now im just running intel hd graphics drivers, game hasnt crashed and laptop seems to be running fine but in the last day Ive been getting loads of "bad image" error boxes popping up when I log on to windows so I just press "ok" and carry on. Im guessing because of no nvidia drivers ?
Could I install windows 7 64 bit on my laptop ? Its running 32bit at the moment, and would I then be able to run the game on the nvidia drivers that was originally installed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom