please help me with this Error message on windows xp 32 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleachedcustoms

Baseband Member
hi I get this Error message on my compter when i try to use my programs on windows xp home. Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropate permisions to access. Can somone please tell me how to remove this so i can use my programs. This is on my old dell pc I own.

Thanks,
Mike

Hmm, you say it's your computer am I correct ?
One way of granting access to a file on your hdd, is to right click on that folder go to properties and navigate to security settings.

It should tell you what is currently enabled:
Read, write, and modify, the current user themselves can allow themselves to do this.

If you are not an administrator and only a local user their is not much we can do for you as we cannot verify if you own that computer or not.
Not calling you a lier or anything, but this site does take certain measures to prevent anyone from doing something they should not be doing with someone elses property. :)

its My moms computer I also use it too she bought it back in 2005. I done everthing I could to keep it going include ghosting the hardrive when the old one died I'm a self taught pc tech and I have never seen this error message before. She was having problems with spyware so I did system recovery and now I get this error message Not sure how to trouble shoot this we have tons of family photos onthis pc and I want to keep it running for us and keep saving it This was our first good pc before I started building my own pcs. i have biult 7 so far. She is useing one of mine now but the dell means the most to her.

I also like recycling computer parts please help me i would never dream of stealing someones computer I give old ones to people and try to fix them if people put them in the trash to the curb I have also fixed one I'm giving to my best friend.

Thanks, for your help
Mike

its My moms computer I also use it too she bought it back in 2005. I done everthing I could to keep it going include ghosting the hardrive when the old one died I'm a self taught pc tech and I have never seen this error message before. She was having problems with spyware so I did system recovery and now I get this error message Not sure how to trouble shoot this we have tons of family photos onthis pc and I want to keep it running for us and keep saving it This was our first good pc before I started building my own pcs. i have biult 7 so far. She is useing one of mine now but the dell means the most to her.

I also like recycling computer parts please help me i would never dream of stealing someones computer I give old ones to people and try to fix them if people put them in the trash to the curb I have also fixed one I'm giving to my best friend.

Thanks, for your help
Mike

If you are the only user, or if you are able to access the original user account (the one used when first installing windows) then you have administrator privileges.
If that doesn't work, then there is likely malware interfering with permissions.
Follow the instructions at
Spyware Asylum

As Mike said, we cannot help you do anything against the rules. Anyone can lie, especially on the internet.

I think it must be spyware then is there a anti virus and spyware program I could use that is good that is freeware that I could run off a usb data stick in to clear it from viruses and spyware that is user friendly ive been using avg 9.0 free but it does not work that well sometimes i want to run off usb data cuz the programs no longer run on this pc were stllable to acess the photos just not programs. I being truthful I would not ask for people to help me do somthing illegel I know you have to ask just to be safe could sytem recover erase the programs I think I might of erased them by mistake and that is why they don't work What ever input you guys can give me would be great

thanks
Mike

If you have access to internet, then try installing the programs in safe mode.
Also, you most likely have a malware intrusion, follow the steps listed at Spyware Asylum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom