Guessing it is the motherboard at this point...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dartgande

In Runtime
The topic is to see if anyone has any other helpful suggestions regarding what it could be, but I have had a myriad of issues with this computer for a little bit of time now. The computer monitor shows "No signal", and then goes black. This was normally fixed by removing both sticks of ram and then placing one inside the MB, and starting it back up. Once the ram was read at the correct voltage, I could then place the other stick of RAM in and have success for weeks to a month at a time. I did, however, install new video drivers for my GPU and now the monitor will not display anything at all.

GPU - Ati 5850
MB - Gigabyte EP43
Ram - G-skill 8500 DDR2
OS - Vista
HDD - Seagate 7200 rpm

I am very close to scrapping this P.O.S and keeping the vid card and the HDD and doing a whole new build.

If immediately after you installed the new video drivers, you lost the screen, then I would suspect the video card drivers, try using older drivers.
About the RAM, have you tried running the RAM in another slot? The RAM slot that you are using may have gone bad.

I have tried reseating the ram in several different slots, and I cannot see the screen to even change anything. This is depressing.

Just to clarify, You haven't installed any computer components with the computer turned on, have you?

haha, no, but that is a funny thought. It is unplugged and all that good stuff. I am getting another monitor to test out tomorrow, and then I will be testing the vid card in another device. I have had enough issues for the past year to indicate a bad mobo though. This toppled with Vista complications just tells me to get a new one and be done with it. If monitor doesn't work and vid card proves to be good, then I am on to the next step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom