Low/mid range gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwuarre

Baseband Member
I am looking to replace my 6 year old dell with a gaming computer that can play the more recent games i.e (Battlefield 3, Crysis 2, GTA IV, high settings WoW). My budget is about ~$700. Nothing from my current build is satisfactory enough to put in the new one. As far as HDD go, I do not need much space, no more than 250gb is needed.
I would like a DVD rw disc drive CD rw as well obviously. The sound card is not very important to me because I believe my computer has been using onboard sound and I have never had any complaints.
Thank you,
Sean

Since you are looking into gaming you really need to focus on graphics card.
I'd suggest this (link). It can run WoW at 55-60 FPS on ultra settings in Stormwind (yes, I'm alliance). Since your non really gonna be multi-tasking I'd go with a duel-core processor,nothing extreme. For RAM I'd say 4gigs is plenty. Rest is all preference on what you want.

I have no preference with ATI vs nvidia and intel vs amd.
I have no idea what is compatible with what thats why I came here

And if you don't need windows, this will fit your budget if you don't get the fans. And with the rebate, you can get the fans. Most people don't get extra fans though, so there is no need.

And if you don't need windows, this will fit your budget if you don't get the fans. And with the rebate, you can get the fans. Most people don't get extra fans though, so there is no need.

He could get by with just one extra fan for the rear of the case as it comes with a single front LED fan, but I wouldn't want to run without having one back there.

I can pitch in additional $100 on the video card you recommended:
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100283-3L Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
So whatever you can recommend below $225, keep in mind the games main purpose is graphic intensive games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom