new problems with new built computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlH67

Baseband Member
i got some problems that have only been occuring recently or more frequent..

1st) when i switch my computer on leds,fans everything switching on for bout 6 secs then it just powers down instantly then 5 secs later it switches back on.

2) jst randomly but mostly occured when opening call of duty 4 to join a server i get the blue screen. i dont get enough time to actually read anything on the screen because its a matter of seconds before it restarts the computer.

any ideas on whats happening?

System Spec.

i5 sandybridge 2500k @ 3.4ghz
8gb corsair vengance memory
560 ti nvdia gpu
800W Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold, Modular
Motherboard:
Asus Sabertooth P67 Rev3, Intel P67, S1155
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
63 GB SSD, 500gb HardDrive

Are you overclocked? The first problem sounds like it is trying to post fails, falls back to default and then posts correctly. The 2nd problem could also be related to a bad overclock.

Do you have a case speaker hooked to your board to get Beep Codes? The first thing I suspect is memory or power supply. On another note: I like your build. I have the exact same stuff in my amazon shopping cart. Just waiting to get enough money to build it. My only difference is I'm going Crossfire with two 6870's.

#1 is normal, the last three motherboards I've bought all do that.

#2 This will keep the system from restarting after a BSOD so you can tell us the error message and STOP code.

Go to Control Panel / System and Security / System / Advanced system settings

click on the Startup and Recovery "Settings".

un-check the box next to Automatically restart.

restart.jpg

@veedubfreak.... i havent done any overclocking...i have set my coimputer to turbo mode in the motherboard bios because my ram was running at 1336 (or something like that) when it should be at 1600mhz and it changed to that once set..

@thedancingfeetus.... yes i have a speaker conencted to my motherboard and you should have alook on Scan.co.uk: Computer Hardware i got mine from there and it was cheap compared to some other sites......

@slaymate how come the motherboards do that? its only started recently....and ill show u log when it next happens

It should only do it when it's booting from a cold start. It shouldn't do it if your restarting the computer. I have two EVGA X58 mobo's that do it everytime the system is started, not restared. The Asus P8P67 Pro mobo I'm using now only does it in the morning when the ambient temperture is cool and the PC has been off all night.

While you say your not overclocking, you are, but it's just not in the manner most people think of when overclocking is mentioned. The memory controller, that's built into your cpu, has a default speed of 1333 MHz. When your memory is set to run at 1600 MHz you are overclocking the memory controller. And your also overclocking the memory itself. I also have 8GB of DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance, the modules are actually DDR3 1333 that has been handpicked and tested to run at an overclocked speed.

The mobo does the start, shutdown, restart routine for system stability during startup. With my EVGA mobo's it was a feature introduced with a bios update and it did take me by surprise. But they are suppose to do it. With the Asus mobo I'm really just assuming it's the same thing, though it may only do it in overclocking conditions. I know my P8P67 Pro does it and I'm not concerned, it won't hurt anything.

Also this is abit off topic but to drag it along while waiting for this blue screen.... i have quite a good spec but for some reason i dont feel like its performing as powerful as it should be in gaming... i mainly bought this computer to play cod4 but i have some other games installed...but in cod4 i play promod and you need 250 fps (frames per second, it gives you small benefits in that mod) but when a smoke grenade is thrown and the smoke goes around me i have drop in fps to bout 180 and my friendsdont really think that should happen with the spec of my computer...they thought it could be cpu but they relised it turbos to 3.7 when needed :/ or is my spec ment to be performing that way

Frame rates in the 250-180 range are nothing to complain about. If you need more than that I'd advise you to buy a better video card or buy another 560 Ti and SLI them.

dont think il be going sli for a bit graphics card i got costs me £216 ish cnt afford that again for few months

got the blue screen i looked it it said what to do then techincal information and it was *** stop: 0x0000003d (oxffff80000b9bf60 and didnt right rest down is that what ur looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom