Buying new video card(s)... Suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttzu

In Runtime
What is up everyone!!! It has been a long time since I bought anything for my rig so I am thinking it is time to get a new video card! My GTX 285 has treated me well but it is time for something more beefy!!! I am down for spending $300+ on a card and maybe run SLI with some decent things? If SLI is the case what would you all suggest? Thanks for the help!

This is $310 after MIR: Newegg.com - EVGA 012-P3-1571-KR GeForce GTX 570 HD w/Display-Port (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

This is also $310 after MIR but has a lower base cost and is oced: Newegg.com - MSI N570GTX-M2D12D5/OC GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

eVGA is the better brand, but considering the circumstances, the MSI might not be a bad choice.

Just curious, what are you trying to play that your 285 can't handle well enough? I have one and see no point in upgrading at this point. I play at 1920x1200.

I play League of Legends and it keeps crashing... says the video etc has crashed...

Have you looked for a game patch? Have you updated your video drivers lately? Have you cleaned your card recently?

try what slaymate just said but if you're still up for buying a new card/cards, i suggest 6950 or 6970. they may be lesser than the gtx480, 580, 570, and 590, but they use up WAYYYY less energy than them. which i think its a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom