best Performance New Build for cs5 use under 2100$

Status
Not open for further replies.

the joker smiles

Solid State Member
Hi guys, a friend and i are looking to change our camputers we both have about 2100$ (hope i ll not spend all of it). I was going to buy the i7 950 until the new sandy bridge architecture came out.
the main use will be cs5 photophop premiere aftereffects and occasionally gaming.
now i have a couple of questions about the efficiency of both the built in graphics chip and the system i ve chosen so far :
i7 2600K
Asus P8P67-DELUXE-B3
Zalman Ventirad CNPS 10X Extreme
RAM??? i was going for Kit Dual Channel DDR3, 4 x 4 Go, PC3-12800, CAS 9. is it compatible?are all 16gb necessary ? or is there any better price performance choice?
GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC, 1 Go, Gigabyte 1024 Mo GDDR5
SSD OCZ Vertex 2, 120 Go, SATA II
2 HDD Caviar Black, 500 Go, 32 Mo, 7200 tpm, SATA III WESTERN DIGITAL for RAID 0
Corsair HX750W or HX 650 W Power Supply
NZXT Phantom Full Tower Computer Case

we are lookin forward for your advice
thanks for your help

16gb is NOT necessary.
Agreed. If you're only doing CS5 stuff, then you're unlikely to need more than 8GB. If you do end up needing more in future, then you can buy another 8GB then for probably half the price you can right now.

I just built my PC... and while doing a Ram preview (Full at 720p) on AF CS5 it was using 12gb out of the 16gb (ram speed is 1600 Mhz)

This is the ram i bought: Scan.co.uk: Corsair Memory Vengeance Blue 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz CAS 9 XMP Dual Channel Desktop - CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B
I have the same CPU as you and this motherboard: Scan.co.uk: Asus P8P67 Pro Rev3 Intel P67 Express Socket 1155 Motherboard - P8P67 PRO <Rev.3.0>
Grahpics card: Scan.co.uk: MSI 1536MB GeForce GTX 580 Twin Frozr II/OC NVIDIA Graphics Card - N580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC

If you have the money then i say go with 16gb.

ps: it will be a lot cheaper since your in the US.

fisrt of all:
Thank you everyone for your help.
actually i am from France (i know i know lol)

i was initially going for 8gb ram (to see first if it fits or not then buy later and cheaper if i needed to) but many cs5 users told me i ll need the 16gb ram.
to me it was not a problem when i first chose the i7 950 + Asus rampage III GENE MB i could put 4gb then add 4other and so on when needed.
but since i went for the Asus P8P67-DELUXE-B3 i read it was ONLY dual channel !(what is that?)
so i hope i didn't get it wrong
is the meaning of that :
1) i only can put DDR3 stick by two ? 4Gb+4Gb or 2*4Gb+2*4Gb......(so i can't get 12Gb )
2) there is only two slots for DDR3 RAM so i have to look for 8Gb sticks (i don't even think it exists)

no i can't afford to put 2100€ lol! it's 2100$ max budget (about 1450€).
i converted the currency for you to make it easier ;)
so about the RAM i can start with 2*4Gb and then add 2*4Gb later ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom