Stop Error 0x0000008E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasago30

Beta member
Hello

I'm new here and could use some help if possible.
About a month ago my system crashed so I had to go have XP pro reinstalled since I do not have an installation disk. I play online games and I didnt have but 1 gig of ram in my system and kept getting out of mem errors and crashes. After I got my comp back from repair I reinstalled my game and still had the same problems. I figured maybe I need to check and see if my video card drivers were up to date and see if maybe that would help. I went to the manufacturers website and d/l'ed what i thought was the right one. (a very large file at that) After installing the drivers the screen went nuts and the comp crashed. Luckily I was able to roll back the video card driver and all seemed to be normal again with the exception of a few lag issues and hangups while playing my game,but not sure if the file changed any other drivers.
Finally I decided to purchase (2) 1 gig memory sticks to upgrade my existing (2) 512 sticks. I installed them yesterday and played the game for a bit but I was still freezing up and would have to wait about 5-10 mins and it would go back to normal again.
Today I tried to play and after about and hour I suddenly got the BSOD that prompted me to restart. I restarted with no problems but havent tried to get into the game again yet. This is prob the 3rd time I've gotten this message since I had my computer wiped and reinstalled, and its always when I'm playing a game. The new memory sticks seem to be registering like they are supposed to and I havent gotten and out of mem error as of yet.
The stop error was 0x0000008E (0xC0000005,0x8118BE22,0xB2793984,0x00000000) but nothing after that code to indicate where the problem lies.
I googled the numbers to see what it means and I see everything from Faulty hardware to rootkits but nothing definitive. So far no viruses have shown in my scans.
I honestly have no idea what is causing it or if its something I did while trying to update my drivers.
I just upgraded the RAM and I cant afford to take it back to the shop for another repair right now.
Here are my system specs
AMD Sempron 3100+ 1.81 GHz
XP Pro SP-3
100MB HD
nVIDEA GeForce 6100
(2) Geil 1 gig PC 3200 DDR 400

If you need any other info let me know. Any help is appreciated

UPDATE :

Loaded my game and played a few hours before I got the BSOD. checked the option to log events and mini dumps beforehand. Same Stop error but this time is was followed by
nv4_disp.dll - Address BD1825B0 base at BD012000,Datestamp 432d8f4c beginning dump of physical memory. I'm thinking its a prob with my display driver but dont want to do anything till I know for sure.

Upload the minidump file somewhere so we can take a gander at it, though, it sounds for sure your Nvidia drivers are causing the system to crash. Download the latest graphics driver for your GPU, uninstall the old ones, restart, and install the new drivers and see if that helps.

Sorry its been a bit since I could reply. Have been pretty busy this week. I went to the GPU website and not the Nvidia website and got a different driver from them. Loaded it up and things seemed to be normal at first but after a few minutes of not really intense graphics I got the BSOD. I noticed after the first BSOD that for some reason the driver I installed reverted its self back to the original driver the first time. Tried this 2 times and got 2 different messages.
1st time Stop: 0x000000D1,
2nd time Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and it does the mini dumps.

I did not use DriverSweeper or uninstall the old drivers first as Im not sure how to get the driver back if I remove it and the new one still does not work correctly. Also with the new driver, the sounds stutter a bit.
I'm also not sure how to post the mini dump files on here to show you.

Download the memtest 86+ ISO file, and use something similar to ultraISO to burn the image to a cd, boot up with that cd, and let the computer run the test over night to test your RAM.

But, first, you NEED to download the latest motherboard, and graphics card drivers, save them somewhere that you can easily remember, go into control panel, and uninstall the old drivers, restart, and then install the new drivers.

You should also perform a "chkdsk /r" in command prompt, last but not least, locate the minidump files in c:\windows\minidump (not 100% sure on that file path) and zip them up into a file, and upload that file to a site such as megaupload, and post a link here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom