Keyboard won't work on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickw

Beta member
Hi everyone. A few months ago I got a virus, think it was virus doctor or something similar, and I had to reset my computer because it was working like mad loading the program. Anyway, after I reset the computer, it went to the boot menu and my keyboard wouldn't work any longer. It starts loading windows, but resets automatically. My keyboard is USB, and it works for the BIOS, but not in the boot menu or for booting up with a cd. I tried 2 seperate PS2 keyboard, and neither of them worked either, not even for BIOS.
I am running Windows XP SP3 on a PC, if that helps. Thanks.

Patrick

Hmm, check your P/S keyboard ports to make sure the rubber inserts are not mashed in.
If they are, they can be open again, but you will need a gentle hand and thin needles to reset the rubber so your connectors are visible.

For your USB keyboard, make sure bios does it have enabled, reboot and make sure the keyboards, number lock and caps button lights up 3 times.
Once done, hit number lock once or twice to make sure your computer is getting a signal to it, if it does this, it will stay lit green and you should be good to go.

I think Mike knows what he's talking about. Advising to look on Google would defeat the purpose of TF. Try to suggest fixes, not just "look on Google". ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom