My Server Transformation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This came a weeks ago, forgot to add. ...
[]
My HDD Rack! Since my case is limited of space, I needed something to fit the drives in. I first thought an external, but I would need eSATA, so I found this (just the case itself) for $30 on Newegg. I was shocked, they sell this that low?! The architecture looked beautiful! It needs a 20/24 pin PSU on it. So I used my Antec Earthwatts 380. Secured it to the top of the case by cable ties. :p
[]
So, next phase, I will be getting the new smaller PSU so I can fit my PCI controller card in. Then pump these babies up. Later I need another 1.5TB HDD to make my second RAID, but that can wait. Currently have 2 x 640GB and 1.5TB.

In your first Post you said "I only can fit one 3.5" HDD in there ... " and now you have moved your large Drives over to another Case (the NAS for the NASty stuff).

Did you consider Laptop Drives, you will be able to stuff a lot more of those into a small Case. They are 2.5", starting at $40 for 250Gb up to $130 for a Tb on NewEgg. They also have low capacity 10K Drives for an arm and a leg.

I can only fit one 3.5 or 2 x 2.5, in the case where the motherboard resides. I only recently bought that rack after that. Take a look at the size of the case ;)

The tower only provides external power to the drives.

That being, I only have 2 SATA ports on my Atom board.

Tiny update:

IMG_0127.jpg

I wasn't getting the temperatures I wanted. This little Atom can get up to 55C easily. Even with the fan inside that case.

So I took the top section off, and have a Scythe 120mm fan hanging off the brackets.

This keeps it way cooler, air can really flow. I see temps in the mid 40s now.

Think I want a new case, not dissing this one, but would like one where I can fully use my controller card. top two are covered by the top panel.

Took the DVD burner and HDD off from the front, use for other means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom