Mouse Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strealy

Solid State Member
At times my mouse functions correctly and then at other times it seems to randomly jump around while in the most important of times. Examples would be playing minesweeper and I'm going to click the last box, and it jumps to a bomb and I click that instead. Or I'm shopping for something online and it adds something I don't want into my basket.

Either way, it isn't a hardware malfunction. The mouse works fine on my laptop, and I have tried other mice, which have the same problem. I have disabled all programs which aren't windows related, and restarted my computer, and the problem still exists. I have uninstalled the driver, and reinstalled it. I have cleaned the laser lens, and the mouse pad I'm using is not the issue either. The only viable option I have left is to question which "program" is causing my mouse to act odd, and I need your help.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional, and am using a Steel Series Ikari Gaming mouse. My mouse pad is a QCK Steel Series cloth mat. My motherboard came with Express Gate, which is a simple OS which allows you to use the web, skype, and other small programs. When in Express Gate the mouse functions fine, but once windows is booted up, the mouse randomly jumps around.

I have MBAM full version, and no malware.
Avast free also runs.

This is a new computer which I built.
Asus Mobo + Expressgate
ATI HD RADEON 6950
AMD phenom II x6 1090t
4gb G.skill 9-9-9-24 1600
750w SEASONIC PSU
Windows 7 Professional OEM

IKARI gaming mouse from Steelseries + QCK Steelseries cloth mat

Randomly jumpy mouse, and seems to "lag"/"drag" in the top right corner of the screen.
No random jumps in the Expressgate "os" and no "lag/drag" in the top right corner of the screen.
Once Windows boots up, jumpyness exists. Seems to happen around buttons, or clickable events.
Have done selective startup with all services disabled besides microsoft.
Have uninstalled + reinstalled drivers.
Mouse is plug n play with windows 7.
Tried multiple mice with same effect, while these mice work fine on my laptop running windows vista.
Tried multiple usb ports.
Mouse works fine on laptop running vista.

HELP PLEASE :(

Well, guess what your problem with that mouse in windows 7 professional can be fixed. ;)
Listen when generic drivers work for an extent of time and begin to malfunction on a os.
It usually means it's time to look for an official driver for windows 7 or use a driver for windows vista in combatility mode.

You can easily find a driver for windows, you hit up google or bing search engines.
When your getting ready to install it, left click once on the setup icon, then right click hit properties.
Navigate down to compatility mode within the menu tabs and you'll find it.
Yes, you do understand windows will warn you the drivers might not work once installed and ask you to continue.
Tell the setup program to continue installing drivers, reboot the machine and turn on your mouse when you enter into windows 7.

If all goes well, it will begin and finish configuring your drivers and you should be set.
If the setup program tells you it cannot install and cancels the install due incompatibility issues with 7, don't push it and just leave it be.

Thats the best info, that I can give you to get that joker working properly with minor issues.

-Mike-

The mouse is plug and play.
I don't feel like it's a driver issue.

I feel it's a program run by windows causing this malfunction.

Edit: Mouse works fine in safemode.

Ok then, lets verify if the mouse is working correctly in windows 7, if it is not working correctly you go look for a driver like a said, plug and play usually isn't that simple anymore without official drivers other than MS ones.

Click start, type control panel and devices, and hit the first link that says devices and printers.
Next, please locate the mouse icon it,it should say USB or P/S.
Highlight the mouse, right click it, hit trouble shoot, if it brings up any error messages post it back here and I will look at it and answer it before I leave at 8am.

Good luck.

123.png

Troubleshooting brought no errors.

Ok, thats true my good man, but by looking at your screenshot, guess what ? the mouse driver isn't active...
There is no mouse icon which is the reason why your having some problems, its not active in windows 7 normal mode.
Yes, I see where it says mouse and keyboard, but the wrong drivers are check.

Here is the link, find your mouse that you have and download the correct drivers and follow on through with the steps I provided.
You should have very little problems with that, if so let me know and I'll help and charge you late payment services. :p

j/k

Sorry, was being rushed out the door by my ride at 6:45am this morning.
SteelSeries – Downloads
Find the mouse driver that you need, and get started, also you could do this yourself also if you give google, bing, yahoo, or your local phone company operator to find what you need. :)

Operator joke if you all get that, if not don't ask. :D

*sigh* I already have that software.

The mouse works fine in safemode.

So, therefore it wouldn't be a driver error... ;\

I disabled the keyboard driver that goes with the mouse, and the mouse icon appeared. The mouse works, just randomly jumps around at times. ;\

Even with the keyboard driver disabled, the mouse problem still exists.

It has to be a program conflicting with the mouse. ;\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom