Project: "Mod Men" Show Home Theater / Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome! Stuff like this motivates the rest of us to be innovative and creative with our computers

Too true. Seeing this mod actually gave me the motivation I needed to finish up the paint job on my old Tempest (had been 2 months without working on it) and to order all the parts for my new rig!

Wow! Just watched the first episode and this should be a actual tv show. Awesome job and very inspiring indeed, cant wait to finish the next episodes when i get off from work.

PC temps before and after being Overclocked to a stable 3.6 GHz. This is best OC I'm finding other people achieve out of Zotac's H55 as well. No surprise, it's a HTPC board and not intended for Overclocking.

Motherboard = ZOTAC H55 ITX 1156
CPU = Intel Core i7-870 Lynnfield 2.93GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core
GPU = ZOTAC 470 GTX
SSD: Mushkin Callisto 64GB
PSU: Silverstone 600W

COOLING SPECS:
CPU = Custom Copper water block
GPU Cooling = EK-FC470 GTX water block

2.93 GHz Core i7 870 Lynnfield CPU at stock and Idle

mm_stats_everest_ultimate_Idle.jpg

Overclocked to 3.6 and running Prime95 (core i7 860/870 has a 100c max)

mm_stats_everest_ultimate_prime95b.jpg

mm_stats_system_photo1.jpg

mm_stats_system_photo3.jpg

That's pretty awesome! The DVD drive cover detracts from it a little though IMO.

Wow! I haven't been around much lately, so I completely missed this, but epic work! I see another CPU mag cover coming! ;)

grats!!!! do you guys have something in the works yet? I think you guys should do a UFO custom case with the bubble cockpit on top and have that be the reservoir and have it so you can see through the res and see the components! and then send it to me of course.

did you guys ever end up taking down window dell?

^ I like that idea!

and...I totally called it! haha! You can't let a mod like that not splash the cover of the best computer magazine!

grats!!!! do you guys have something in the works yet? I think you guys should do a UFO custom case with the bubble cockpit on top and have that be the reservoir and have it so you can see through the res and see the components! and then send it to me of course.

Would a Star Trek theme case mod be close enuf? hehe... I'll be sharing progress on http://www.casemodblog.com in few weeks...

did you guys ever end up taking down window dell?

Yes, Management had a "WTF?" moment....lol

@synergy, Yep you called it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom