KeNotify?

-Tenk-

Baseband Member
I just had a problem with my laptop (toshiba). Every time I pressed a key it opened a dialog box with the text "your system is low on memory"

But its not...

Not from what I can see. Plenty of RAM. Plenty of Hard Drive space... CPU is running at 20% or something low (i'm multitasking on the net and word processing).

I googled it, from what I could find, its a legit program installed by toshiba... Anyone have any experience with it? What is it, exactly? What causes it to do the above?

Cheers,

Tenk.

same prob here. avoiding typing! will keep searching.

solved by restart. google brings up this thread and that's about it. go toshiba bloatware!

Hmmm, interesting. I solved it by ending the "kenotify.exe" process. Computer didn't blow up :D

Does anybody in the TF universe know about this or a way to solve it?

Googled it and came across this
"You can disable this process, using the msconfig tool (Start - Run - type: msconfig) and uncheck the Home tab item name: KeNotify."

KeNotify - KeNotify.exe - Program Information

Toshiba utility found on their laptops. This program is responsible for the Toshiba LapTop Help 'FlashCards' utility that sits at the top of the screen giving easy access to the 'F keys' alternative functions such as Lock,Power Mode,Sleep etc.

There is what it is. First result on my Google Search. There is what it does. You potentially screw up the Flash Card utility.

hmmm, in my search I couldn't be explicit because my **** computer was bleeping at me!

Thanks Ksod.

Good thing is, I don't use the flash card function ;) :D Disabled you stay for now kenotify.

All i did was type in KeNotify in Google and that page is the first one that came up. I dont know what you were trying to search for but that is what I found and how I found it.

Back
Top Bottom