Building i7 Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, you got the HAF932 like me :p In which case, as long as the heatsink is pushing the air toward an exhaust fan (and not down onto the graphics card (you're fine).

Let me now how you like the build :)

Oh yeah, you got the HAF932 like me :p In which case, as long as the heatsink is pushing the air toward an exhaust fan (and not down onto the graphics card (you're fine).

Let me now how you like the build :)

Oh i see.. i didnt know one of the fans sucked air in and the other blew it out =P I just noticed it on the instructions haha.

Yeah, Its good.. only thing that im not used to is reading instructions haha.. i never read them :)

Hah, I when I built my first rig, I was terrified of making a mistake :p I knew the manuals from cover to cover before I even picked up any parts. Which I suppose is a fairly sensible way of doing it.

What heatsink are you using? It's usually best to orient the heatsink so that the fan is blowing cool air from the open area above the memory through the heatsink towards the fan located on the back of the case next to the I/O panel.

The video card gets hot so placing the fan next to it means you will be using hot air to cool your cpu.

Ok then.. Its up and running.. everything is fine.. i did have a few problems with the ram/ heatsink but its all fixed now.

So while installing windows 7 it gave me two options to pick.. the HDD and the SSD. I picked the SSD every went fine. I then installed the motherboard stuff (the stuff on the CD) But it didnt give me any option to pick SSD or HDD.. It installed it on the SSD and now its at 14GB lol.. I checked "Computer" and it only shows the SSD and not the HDD

Note: On the BIOS it shows both SSD and HDD.

Do you guys have an idea how to fix it?

EDIT:
I tested my old HDD and that works..

@Slaymate
I cant place the heatsink the other way around since it would block my ram.. it just about fits this way.
Fans are towards top of the case and the other facing down towards the graphics card. Bottom one sucks the air and the top one blows it out.

Right click My Computer > Manage > Device Manager > Disk Drives > Make sure it doesn't show up in there.

Also try unplugging the power and data cables and put them back in and make sure they're correctly in there. My hard drive kept disconnecting in the middle of using it after I installed my SSD and this solved the problem...

Right click My Computer > Manage > Device Manager > Disk Drives > Make sure it doesn't show up in there.

Also try unplugging the power and data cables and put them back in and make sure they're correctly in there. My hard drive kept disconnecting in the middle of using it after I installed my SSD and this solved the problem...
+1 to that. Quicker way to get to it is type 'Disk Management' into the Start menu.

I did all of that last night and nothing worked.. I then googled "HHD not recognised" and all i had to was reformat it. Problem was the format option wasnt showing so i had to format the SSD and then i could format the HDD.

I installed windows again on the SSD but this time it took up 40gb.. i didnt notice how much it took up last time.. Does windows 7 ultimate normally take up that much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom